HOW DOES IT WORK?
Saturday, August 13th, 2022
There is a 1 mile, 1/2 mile, and a 5K (3.1 miles) swim option. The races will take place on a loop course starting and finishing at Whitefish City Beach. Currently we plan on using chip timing so we can stagger race starts and provide distancing of swimmers; sanitizer stations will be placed for your convenience and food will be provided.
You will be able to pick up your race packet at The Wave Aquatics and Fitness Center (1250 Baker Avenue, Whitefish) on August 12th from 2 to 6 PM. Please note: You will have until August 12th @ 6 PM to change your distance of swim you registered for. Please contact Carrie Jacobs @ email@example.com to change your distance, or let us know at the time of packet pickup. There will not be any changes to races the morning of the race. Please plan accordingly.
- Swimmers can check in and pick up their race packet if they haven't done so the night before, starting at 6:30 AM the morning of the race. You will not be able to change your distance of swim the morning of the race. Race day registration will be available and will be $45. You will not be guaranteed race swag if registering the morning of the race. Please note there is a public parking lot close by that will be open on race morning. Please obey all street signs.
- There will be a mandatory athlete meeting the morning of the race. The 5K briefing will begin at 7:45 AM, and the 1/2 mile and 1 mile briefing will take place shortly after the 5K race begins. All meetings will take place on the beach in front of the arch!
- The 5K race will begin at 8 AM, the 1 mile race will begin at 8:30 AM and the 1/2 mile race will begin shortly after.
- All swimmers will have a free entry to the Huckleberry Pancake feed held on the Middle school’s lawn from 9 – 12 PM. Swim your race, stay for the awards on the beach, and then head to a well deserved free breakfast! Additional tickets may be purchased at the breakfast for $6.00/each.
There will be an awards ceremony beginning about 10 minutes after the last racer has finished.
- Results will be posted online at the Wave's website and you will receive results directly after finishing your race. There will only be 1 category this year regardless if you choose to swim in a wetsuit or in a swimsuit. Awards will be given to the top male and female race in each age division for each race: 5K, 1 mile and 1/2 mile swims.
Age group divisions for both men and women: Under 18, 19-29, 30-39, 40-49, 50-59, 60+
Swimmers under 18 must have a swim coach's prior approval to swim by emailing the race director, Carrie Jacobs (firstname.lastname@example.org) upon signup.
Safety is our number one concern. We will update racers on any current precautions and requirements we will be following on race day. Please be prepared for changing weather conditions and prepare accordingly. All athletes will be required to be marked with a number, wear the cap given to them in their race packet. All athletes are required to attend the pre race meeting to learn about race day water conditions and the course, and what to do in an emergency situation.
Please respect others and conduct yourself with good sportsmanship.
Thank you for supporting the Wave Aquatic and Fitness center’s Membership Assistance Program which helps support local individuals afford membership so everyone in our community can benefit from health and wellness. The Wave is a Montana 501(c)(3) nonprofit.
We look forward to seeing you lakeside in Whitefish in August 2021!
All proceeds will benefit the Wave’s Aquatic and Fitness Center’s scholarship fund which helps support local individuals afford membership so everyone in our community can benefit from health and wellness. The Wave is a Montana 501(c)(3) nonprofit
1250 Baker Ave. Whitefish, MT 59937