All Aboard Preschool
All Aboard Preschool is a program offered by The Wave Aquatic and Fitness Center in support of its mission to improve the health and well-being of our community. As such, we will strive to promote the overall growth of your child. Learning in Science, Math, Literacy and Social Interaction are complemented with discovering an awareness of healthy habits such as exercise, nutrition, and self-care.
Your child will learn:
Classroom and Community Culture
- Allows students to explore their personal & social identity.
- Safe space where the child feels valued, cared for & respected
- Opportunity to learn from one another's varied experiences & perspectives
Practical Life Activities
- Skills practical to everyday life.
- Fine motor skills that include cleaning & caring for the environment.
- Help the child gain control in the coordination of their movements.
- Helps child gain independence.
- Kids feel good while creating art.
- Helps boost self-confidence.
- Practice critical thinking.
- Focus on the process, not the product
- Preschoolers have the comprehension, vocabulary & ability to learn through their senses.
- Multi-sensory experiences
- Explore the world and make sense of whats around them.
Numbers and Math
- Age appropriate numbers and counting.
- Number recognition and concrete value.
- Explore how numbers & counting apply to their life around them.
- Certified Red Cross Swim Lessons
- Hand-eye coordination
Mindfulness and Wellness
- Cultivate present moment awareness of their thoughts, emotions & physical sensations.
- Breathing, stretching, focusing & relaxing.
- Emotional resilience and self-regulation skills.
- Calmer and more engaged classroom.
- Social skills - creative & critical thinking.
- Hands-on investigations.
- Encourage children suggestions & allow children to find their own solutions.
- Developmental language skills
- Letter recognition and phonics
- Expressive communication
Nature and Outdoor Recreation
- Nature Exploration and outdoor free play
- Field Trips to Local Parks
- Play in the Mud Philosophy
We believe that building a team which includes teacher, child, parent and community will provide a sound educational foundation for your child.
All Aboard Preschool promotes an environment where children become independent, confident, lifelong learners with a strong sense of self. We proudly offer a positive, child-centered preschool experience that fosters a love of learning in a nurturing community.