All Aboard Preschool is a program offered by The Wave in support of its mission to improve the health and well-being of our community. As such, we will strive to promote the overall growth of your child. Learning in Science, Math, Literacy and Social Interaction are complemented with discovering an awareness of healthy habits such as exercise, nutrition, and self-care.
We offer a child-centered and developmentally appropriate program for three through five-year-old children. The play-based learning framework of Creative Curriculum* for Preschool has been integrated with our own blend of fitness and wellness for children. We pride ourselves on being part of the Wave fitness culture and as such include several 8-week sessions through the school year taught by Certified Fitness and Aquatic Professionals.
*Creative Curriculum is a comprehensive system of learning based on research and knowledge regarding all areas of child development – social/emotional, physical, cognitive and language.
Your Child Will Learn
Classroom and Community Culture
- Allows students to explore their personal & social identity.
- Safe space where the child feels valued, cared for & respected
- Opportunity to learn from one another's varied experiences & perspectives
- Kids feel good while creating art.
- Helps boost self-confidence.
- Practice critical thinking.
- Focus on the process, not the product
Numbers and Math
- Age appropriate numbers and counting.
- Number recognition and concrete value.
- Explore how numbers & counting apply to their life around them.
Mindfulness and Wellness
- Cultivate present moment awareness of their thoughts, emotions & physical sensations.
- Breathing, stretching, focusing & relaxing.
- Emotional resilience and self-regulation skills.
- Calmer and more engaged classroom.
- Developmental language skills
- Letter recognition and phonics
- Expressive communication
Practical Life Activities
- Skills practical to everyday life.
- Fine motor skills that include cleaning & caring for the environment.
- Help the child gain control in the coordination of their movements.
- Helps child gain independence.
- Preschoolers have the comprehension, vocabulary & ability to learn through their senses.
- Multi-sensory experiences
- Explore the world and make sense of whats around them.
- Certified Red Cross Swim Lessons
- Hand-eye coordination
- Social skills - creative & critical thinking.
- Hands-on investigations.
- Encourage children suggestions & allow children to find their own solutions.
Nature and Outdoor Recreation
- Nature Exploration and outdoor free play
- Field Trips to Local Parks
- Play in the Mud Philosophy
Preschool Teacher, Swim Instructor
Red Cross Water Safety Instructor Certification
Red Cross CPR and First Aid Training
State of Montana Educator License
Montana Early Care and Education Practitioner Registry
Children's Activities Manager
Bachelor's in Elementary Education
Red Cross Certified Swim Instructor
Safe Sitter Instructor.
This program is offered Sept-mid June.
Annual Spring enrollment for Fall school year start date.
This program is notoriously popular so we are on a waiting list continually.
Interested parties are encouraged to fill out an interest form.
Registration runs in the spring for the fall.
Click the button below to review policies
"I can't say enough wonderful things about All Aboard Preschool at the Wave! All 3 of my children have attended and loved their time there. The movement-based curriculum is amazing and my 2 older children went into kindergarten extremely prepared, both academically and socially. My youngest attends now and I appreciate the extra precautions they take due to COVID-19. I love how well-rounded the program is. They have creative variety of classroom unit studies, spend tons of time outdoors and have lessons in swim, dance, yoga, etc that ensure they are always learning something new and fun. My favorite thing about All Aboard are the program coordinator and teaching staff. Communication is key and All Aboard always keeps parents well-informed. The teachers are incredibly qualified, organized and caring and are ADORED by all of the children.”