Financial assistance is available based upon documented financial need. Assistance will be provided on a fair and open basis and without regard to race, religion, color, gender, age, national origin, marital status, the presence of a disability, veteran status, or any other classification protected by applicable local, state or federal law.
Youth, family, medical and first time requests are priorities.
The Wave believes a better sense of ownership is developed when the scholarship recipient has financially contributed to his/her participation. Therefore, applicants will be asked to pay a portion of their fees.
Download the Scholarship Application Form.
Assistance is available to those able to demonstrate financial need.
Persons who are supported by a parent or guardian must also submit associated income information and will be considered based on the parent/guardian gross income level.
Complete and sign the scholarship application (.pdf). Attach the following written documentation:
- Prior year’s federal income tax 1040 return and one full month’s worth of current pay stubs or unemployment benefits, OR
- Federal or state agency award letter, i.e. AFDC, Social Security, SSI award letter, food stamp awards, etc.
- Membership paperwork.
Policies and Procedures
- Scholarship cancellation will result in a 9 month waiting period before applicants are eligible to re-apply.
- All scholarship recipients must adhere to guidelines set forth in The Wave Member Handbook.
- The scholarship will be revoked and recipient will be billed for all services provided at regular membership rates if it is determined that he/she submitted false information to obtain the scholarship.
- Any violation of Wave policies & procedures that constitutes a category 2 or category 3 offense as outlined in the Member Handbook will result in the scholarship being immediately revoked.
- Refusal to pay a past due balance of 60 days or more will cause the scholarship to be terminated. In addition, collection activity will be pursued and The Wave account will be terminated.
- Mandatory attendance guidelines must be adhered to or the scholarship will be revoked.
- Any recipient who has a scholarship revoked will be ineligible to reapply.
- All records will be kept confidential.
- Billing options are electronic funds transfer (EFT) or direct bill.
- The amount of assistance will be determined following review of the application.
- Notification will be made within 30 days of the review.
- Payment of any enrollment fees and prorating of first month dues are required to start membership.