Whether to specifically treat sore muscles or just melt away the daily stresses, The Wave's choice of massages offers a relaxing escape for everyone. We encourage you to discuss your preferences and goals with your therapist so that your massage treatment achieves your expectations. It is important to use a certified therapist. All of our therapists are experts in their field and are fully certified. Therapists are trained to know how muscular and skeletal systems work.
Your choices are...
- Acupressure - Acupressure is an ancient technique of applying gentle pressure on acupoints over the body to increase energy flow in meridians and energy centers. This promotes deep relaxation of the body and mind, and can also be used to address specific symptoms and health conditions such as high blood pressure or chronic pain.
- Deep Tissue Therapy - Deep tissue massage is recommended for those who prefer specific muscle work and deep muscle release. It is especially helpful for decreasing chronic pain and muscle fatigue and increasing range of motion. Techniques could include myofascial release, neuromuscular therapy, and trigger point therapy.
- Pregnancy - Pregnancy massage is an especially relaxing massage to nurture both the mother and child. Extra care and attention are given to the mother's comfort and stage of pregnancy.
- Sport - Used primarily for the serious athlete who trains continuously, wishes to promote greater athletic endurance/performance lessen chances of injury and/or reduce recovery time.
- Swedish Relaxation - Swedish is a traditional relaxing body massage combining three basic strokes: long firm strokes, kneading and localized circular movements. Swedish massage is designed to stimulate and relieve muscle tension while increasing blood circulation and tissue metabolism.
- Walk-in visits are welcome. When possible, advanced registrations are encouraged and appreciated.
- Client Information & Release Form must be completed prior to the massage.
- 24-hour cancellation notice is required to avoid a service charge.
- A private shower and restroom are available for massage clients after their session.
- Child care is available for a fee.